Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vegan patisserie!

In an attempt to start getting my hands dirty in le patisserie Fraincais (does that even make sense?), I am going to put myself through a 52 vegan pastry challenge. In the coming months, I will make vegan French pastry my bitch, in the midst of the "I need to cook more" goal I just set forth a couple of day ago.
I love desserts. I have a special relationship with sugar. But French pastry requires more of you than to make something tasty. It requires presentation. Eating with the eyes before you eat with the mouth. And they are't your typical desserts you just chow down on because you're PMS'ing. You SAVOR these types of delectable desserts. I'm so excited I could pee, but I won't. I am going to need to work extra hard at maintaining attention to detail, because sometimes get so impatient I botch it.

First up! The "visitandine". This was created by nuns of the Visitandine order an is a staple cake in many kitchens. They basically turn out looking like a flatter yellow cake. It sounds interesting!

So there you have it. This is what I'm going to do first and I am really excited about it! Keep checking for the update!

No comments:

Post a Comment