Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I...am A (HEALTHY) PANCAKE GENIUS!!!

Seriously.

My favorite breakfast in the world is pancakes. You can imagine my disappointment when I found out they're not the healthiest thing for you.

I cried for extended amounts of time yelling to the heavens "NOOOOOOO NOT YOU, PANCAKES!!! FIRST DONUTS, NOW THIS?! HOW COULD YOU DECEIVE ME?!?!?!?"

And then I got over it and realized something AWESOME. I can make my own fucking pancakes and they don't HAVE to be unhealthy either. Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture for these guys because I ate them all. This is a single-serving pancake recipe and requires little in the way of mixing and eating. These are also low in calories (just under 300, including the agave-even if you add 1 T of chocolate chips to these babies, they're still under 300 calories...REJOICE!), have protein, oats and omegas to get your ass outta bed and on time to that marathon you're about to run. Am I right?!!

H'okay!

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup soymilk
1/2 T of ground flax
1/4 of a banana, mashed

FIRST! Dump the oats in a food processor and grind until mostly powdery. Then mix all the other stuff in.
This should yield about two medium pancakes or 3 small ones. Mix that shit up with your hands, not some lame-ass mixer. You want the flax to get gel'in so use lots of arm power.

You don't even NEED fucking leavening in this if you don't want it. But for a little bit o fluff, go ahead and add 1/8 tsp baking soda right before you throw em on the griddle.

GRILL THOSE SUCKERS. But make sure you add a little coconut oil to your pan (less than a tsp) and spread it all around. This shouldn't add too many extra calories but last time I checked, coconut oil helps you crap so why not add it. If you don't like bananas, you're fucking nuts. Pumpkin and applesauce would work fine too I guess.

Et voila! I am a (healthy) pancake genius. Thus, the title of this post. Enjoy!

MN Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment