Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vegan MOFO #10: NYC! Foodswings...

Holy hell. Foodswings would be my go-to for, um, ANYTHING.
The only place that we have in MN that I would compare this to is the Triple Rock Social Club, where you have the heftiest selection of vegan all-American comfort food in MN. But Foodswings...they have it beat in selection. I mean, look at the damn menu on this wall!:



Here's what we got:



From left to right, vegan Mac n Cheese (the kind with Daiya in it, "creamy"? I think), vegan Chicken Cordon Bleu and a vegan Bacon Cheeseburger. Not pictured is the shake we got, which was a vegan chocolate peanut butter shake I think. It was really delicious! I personally really enjoyed the Chicken Cordon Bleu the best. It had this creaminess I didn't expect, and I can't really tell you what it was that made it creamy, but it was fucking tasty!
Manfriend's sammy (Bacon Cheeseburger) was pretty darn good too! I'd liken this place to Veggie Bite in Chicago, IL, but with a much larger selection! Everything was pretty much excellent, though I was longing for an even creamier Mac n Cheese.
Personally, when it comes to vegan Mac n Cheese, this brand is the best I've EVER tried, bar none. Vegan Mac n Cheese in any restaurant that I've been to has not yet topped this stuff. I shop for it at Ethique Nouveau, a great vegan shop in South Mpls. Love that place!

Tasty! Fucking magic! Go to Foodswings NOW people.

Foodswings
295 Grand Street
New York, NY 11211


MN Vegan

A little background on Manfriend, because I've never really explained him: He and I have been together on and off for the last 5 years or so. He's my best friend at the least and he hasn't put a ring on it yet, so he's not a boyfriend, he is Manfriend. You will never know his real name unless you know me in real life or if you email me about it. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment