Total Pageviews

Friday, November 11, 2011

Chicago! And stuff.


That there is the Wisconsin sunrise. Yap.

So the boyfren and I went to Chicago this last weekend. He visited a friend while I went to Chicago Vegan Mania to promote Midwest Vegan Radio. We ended up staying a night with his friend and his friend's girlfriend, which was super nice. We had a night on the town and saw some good music be played by some Chicago-based bands. Wicked.

I stopped a few places on the way, namely the new Native Foods and Bleeding Heart Bakery.


Native Foods was first. We stopped for lunch and here's what we had yo!:


My vegan fish tacos were excellent. His vegan dish was indian curry-ish, which is not my fave but the tempeh was seasoned nicely so that's a plus.

Then! I headed to Vegan Mania, promoted the shit out of the radio show and walked to Bleeding Heart Bakery. Here's what I got (pssst, everything was pretty phenomenal):


That would be a chocolate peanut butter brownie and a hazelnut cakeball. Totally where it's at if you ask me. I also got the boy a banana brownie and my mother a rocky road brownie, both vegan and unfortunately not pictured here. Yummmmm.

I had a good time. Traveling with the boyfren was the best part in my opinion though! I know, barf. Whatever.

ATTENTION MINNESOTA VEGANS: Donut Cooperative is now open for business in the old Cake Eater Space. Get your vegan donuts now I says!


I'm outty!

MN Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment