Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ha! Update!

Soooooo last night I went to see The Lion King at the Orpheum. It was, even though I was not high or drunk, trippy as shit. That is all I will say. You will have to see it for yourself if you'd like to experience what it's like to not be on drugs and still face the mind-blowing aftermath. Yep.

Well anyways, as you know my mother is a health vegan, which is cool. We eat all of the same things now so we had to find a place near the Orpheum (read: smack-dab downtown) that served vegan food. So that's why we chose CRAVE. When I called them, the nice woman on the phone said they had an impressive vegetarian sushi menu and that they'd be willing to make any dish on the menu vegan upon request.

COOL.

First off, let me say that this place is FANCY. Yep. Expect to pay out the butt, but the service and food is awesome.

So we started with dranks, of course. This here's is an agave margarita. Sorry for the bad picture-dim lighting, you know.


If you are a tequila fan (as I am), you will also think this drink is phenomenal. I like perfect balance of lime-y and spicy tequila-y and this had both. Perfect way to start out the meal. I probably would have been tanked if I had another one.

Next! We had some apps. We got the edamame and the mediterranean plate, pictured below for your viewing pleasure.


The hummus was fucking stellar. Absolutely delicious. The edamame was glazed in a sweet tamari sauce and made your fingers dirty when you ate them BUT! The nice waitress totally gave us some moist towelettes to wipe our hands onto. Nice.

Then! My vegan sushi!



This here's the "veggie platter" or something like that. It comes with cucumber, avocado, carrots and bunch of other veggies stuffed in there. It was absolutely divine. And since that word is way cheesy, I will break it down for you:

I've never met a vegan sushi roll I didn't like.

So! There ya have it. CRAVE in downtown Minneapolis will cater to vegans. That's pretty kickass.

MN Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment