Total Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

3 hours until my birthday!

But you, dear readers, do not care about my birthday. And I don't blame you. You are here to see and drool over some fucking delicious vegan food! Yesss! I'm going to blog about three of my absolute favorite places in Minneapolis to have a good, fairly-priced meal/cup of joe.
1. So. Triple Rock Social Club.
I FUCKING LOVE THIS PLACE TO THE VERY CORE OF MY BEING. *cough* I mean, this place is pretty awes.
It's divey, but this place has the most kickass jukebox and my favorite bartender! The jukebox has the Descendants, Bowie, Queen, Lifter Puller, and every other wonderful band you'd ever want to hear while getting your eat and drank on. Here, I show you:


Oops. Forgot to mention that they carry Cake Eater Bakery goods. This gigantic cupcake would be a vegan marble cupcake. Ummm yum. There are no other words.


Like I said before, delightfully divey, but oh so wonderfully cozy.


This would be one of the many best dishes that the T-Rock has to offer: vegan mac n cheese! Its creamy noochy goodness and that damn piece of fluffy bread it comes with keep me coming back for more. I crave this on the regular.
This place is great if you don't want to spend too much money. The drink deals are fantastic, drinks are relatively cheap anyway and the vegan food menu is HUGE. And cheap. And delicious. They also have a kickass weekend vegan brunch that includes vegan pigs in a blanket, people. Whether your coming here pre or post bender, the T-Rock is always a safe bet. Enjoy, my friends, enjoy.

2. Hard Times Cafe
This place is the shit. Literally. Another divey place but this time, with coffee and no booze!


I fucking love their coffee ever since they decided to start brewing it right. I also have a growing appreciation for their pastries, as they've been getting creative! (See previous post a couple of weeks ago!) But what, you think I'm going to let you leave without feeding your eyes some of this good sturff? Nope. And yes, I meant "sturff":


Coffee and a delicious vegan chocolate blackberry cupcake? Check. Pssst...they also have vegan mochas!! That thing next to it is a vegan cinnamon roll. Yummm...easily the best vegan cinnamon roll I've ever had! The baker knows what he/she's doing.


The dish that you are seeing above is Manfriend and my "default dish". We always get the vegan biscuits and gravy, partially because that freaking huge plate on the left that you're seeing? Shyeah. $5. BEAT THAT. And I believe I mentioned in the other post how these are the best b&gs I've EVER had, bar none.


Even the veggie stir fries are full of flavor. The chili is spicy as shit. I love this place. Sigh...


3. Last but not least! Matchbox Cafe in NE MPLS! See above. It is a very tiny cafe with $1 coffees. This place has THE BEST cup of joe in Minneapolis and they are conveniently located right in NE Mpls. I can surfs teh webz, dranks ma coffeez and eat a vegan pastry or an ABC vegan cookie. So good.

Also, I thought I would mention that I love my new Macbook Pro. This thing is saving my sanity. Hope you all had a good dose of the holidays and that you're ready for me to kick it into high gear! More updates to come...

MN Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment